Level of Expertise: Some soldering experience
Click on Instructions tab for complete details.
This Class AB stereo chip amp kit is like no other: ALL THE PARTS are included, it's easy to build, and it sounds like you've spent a lot more money. It's simple. First follow the richly documented step-by-step instructions, then plug in your iPod or CD player and some speakers and show off the warm, retro sounding, custom analog-based chip amp design and your handy work.
You supply the tools and the effort and you’ll be rewarded with a rich learning and listening experience. The Gobo is designed and documented so you can learn and modify as you grow. And it’s high-end, audio-grade components are affordable without compromising quality.
Designing and building your first amplifier used to be hard. Now, our kits make it easy. We've taken care of the tricky bits--parts sourcing, designing a power supply, safe mains wiring, connectors and controls, and a case to put it all in. You can focus on having fun, learning, and being successful.
- Easy-to-follow instructions, crafted with the beginner in mind, rich with high-quality photos.
- The popular LM1875 op amp is easy to use, stable, and provides excellent performance.
- Hand-routed amp boards designed with the shortest possible paths, star grounding, and smooth lines.
- A power board with oversized capacities and flexible options.
- Professional-grade toroidal transformer engineered specifically for audio applications.
- The highest quality audio grade capacitors and resistors.
- Shielded and isolated signal paths.
- Double insulated--like a power tool.
- And bling! Like anodized aluminum knob, stainless steel hardware, gold plated connectors and a custom case.